Sunday 1 April 2012

AtJill’sReviews takes the Challenge

A: I could have titled this first entry - A Confession- except that I did not know whether using A as an article rather than as the first letter of a word would be within the rules of the challenge.  The confession? It’s that I really should not be doing this  and it is only the intensely  competitive part of me (the part  that I am trying to suppress) that got me to sign up.  Why not the blog challenge you may ask? Well in this post which introduces me, Jill, author of AtJill’sReviews and the website www.reviewfromthehouse.com, it will become very clear!
First let me explain that I am posting this from my cabin on the beautiful Cunard ocean liner, the Queen Mary 2. Five days ago I boarded the ship in Hong Kong for a 16 day dance cruise  past Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Cochin in India, through the Arabian Sea to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.
During this journey, which takes place over the first half of the challenge, my primary writing task is actually to write my Travelblogue, “Dancing to Dubai on Queen Mary 2”, a comprehensive diary of the cruise.
The themes of my posts for the A to Z Challenge will be chosen to complement my Travelblogue posts by focusing on interesting facts and information in the primary areas on which I write, namely food and wine, dancing, travel and theatre.
Now to introduce myself in a few short words: I am a retired baby-boomer medical professor with a passion for ballroom dancing and cruise travel that has taken me around the world on ballroom dance cruises. I love to share my experiences with fellow “wordies”, “foodies” and “winies”, and no that’s not a typo - I did not mean winos.
I hope you will travel along with me and share your thoughts by commenting on the A to Z posts and on my Travelblogue.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an incredible theme! Glad to have you taking part in A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool ... I bet that you are the only one blogging on these subjects all together in one place. Have a fun time on your trip and with A-Z.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.